TROPICAL SUP ADVENTURE AND YOGA RETREAT
Planning a vacation is not easy.
Striking the balance between adventure and relaxation is a fine art. Let us help you!
On this exciting retreat, you’ll have a yoga session every day which will help to calm and focus your mind and strengthen and tone your muscles, leaving you feeling peaceful and strong. You’ll also get to explore the wild parts of Panama which lie off the beaten track: glide around a tropical mountain lagoon on your stand up paddle board; visit an indigenous Embera village full of grass huts; hike through a cloud forest; visit a colorful and vibrant local market; and spend time on the secluded and pristine local beach, Playa Grande which is just a 5 minute walk away from your beautiful retreat center, nestled in the rain-forest. The expert instructors will adapt all of the sessions and lessons to suit your ability and experience and you will be provided with a daily breakfast and dinner to fuel your action packed days!
- June 3rd to 9th, 2018
- August 26th to to September 1st, 2018
- September 9th to 15th, 2018
- November 18th to 24th, 2018
What is included?
- Airport Pick up on Sunday
- Night at the Riande Granada Urban Hotel
- Panama City Tour including Panama Canal
- Transfer to ISTMO Yoga and Adventure Retreat.
- 5 nights accommodation in ISTMO’s luxurious cabins
- Daily Yoga Classes (except for Sunday)
- Daily Healthy Breakfast
- Daily Gourmet Dinner (except for Sunday night)
- Free WiFi internet
- All SUP gear
- An SUP introduction course on the mountain lagoon
- SUP excursion to a mountain lagoon
- SUP excursion to a mangrove site
- Hiking trip in the Cloud Forest and visit to a local market
- Transportation for all excursions
- SUP excursion and visit to an indigenous Embera village
- Airport transfer for flights leaving after 1pm on Saturday
- Fresh drinking water throughout the day
- Daily housekeeping
Is this Adventure Retreat right for you?
- Your day to day life is FULL and you need sometime to connect to yourself and nature.
- You have tried stand-up-paddleboard a few times before, and you love the idea of exploring different ecosystems and cultures on a board.
- You are that person who is always looking for the best deal for vacations, and gets it!
- You want to have a blast with old and new friends in a stunning tropical destination.
- You want to energize your body, mind and soul with beginner friendly yoga classes and healthy cuisine.
What else do I need to know?
- We provide a hassle free and safe environment to explore the, of the beaten track, diversity of Panama – beaches, mountains, mangroves, cloud-forest, rivers, indigenous villages, small towns, big city.
- This is an active, but relaxed vacation, that is perfect for adventure seekers of all ages and backgrounds.
- The retreat center is close to Panama City, and all of its modern amenities, hospitals, etc. but you are still in a secluded retreat center surrounded by pristine nature.
- The owners of ISTMO Yoga and Adventure Retreat will accompany you on this getaway, making sure you feel at home and are comfortable through your time here. You will leave feeling inspired, reconnected with nature, and reconnected to yourself and your potential.
- There is some travel time to the different excursions that are included in this amazing retreat-adventure. Travel times range from 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes. During this time we connect with our fellow retreat participants and enjoy the views and diversity of the country.
- This retreat is designed for yoga practitioners and stand-up-paddleboarders (SUP) who are at a beginner to intermediate level and includes some intermediate level hikes in the cloud forest. The paddling is all done on flat water in picturesque locations and usually has a duration of one to one and a half hours on the water. For this retreat, you do not paddle in the open ocean or in areas where there are waves.
- The Hatha yoga classes are taught at a beginner to intermediate level. They are designed to help you reconnect with your breath and stay present amidst the activities and new experiences of your vacation. The hour-long daily classes include warm up exercises, sun salutations, an asana practice, and deep relaxation. Prepare to gently explore both your inner and outer bodies in a safe environment.
What is NOT included in the 7 day package?
- Flights to and from Panama City (PTY). Panama is the Hub of the Americas – most major cities have direct flights here.
- Entrance fees to the Panama Canal (approx. $20) and the Zipline tour (optional – $80).
- Daily lunches. We will stop at local restaurants daily, so that you may purchase your own lunch.
- Dinner at the City Hotel during the first night (Sunday) of your retreat.
- Airport transport from Istmo to PTY for flights leaving before 1pm on the last day (Saturday) of the retreat.
- SPA treatments and massages.
QUAD ROOM (sharing a room with 3 other retreat participants)
- $990 per person – one payment of $400 now to reserve your spot, and the second payment of $590 due two weeks before the retreat start date.
DOUBLE ROOM (sharing a room with 1 other retreat participants)
- $1,120 per person – one payment of $400 now to reserve your spot, and the second payment of $720 due two weeks before the retreat start date.
SINGLE ROOM (a room all to yourself!)
- $1,600 per person – one payment of $400 now to reserve your spot, and the second payment of $1,200 due two weeks before the retreat start date.
I would definitely recommend this retreat to anyone!
My mother and I spent a week at the Istmo retreat. We could not have been more pleased with our stay! The rooms were very comfortable and homey. There is beautiful beach (which we basically had to ourselves) just a short walk away. The staff were incredibly welcoming, accommodating and were a pleasure to spend time with. The dogs were super friendly, easy going and a joy to have around.
Neither my mom and I are experienced at yoga, but Ayesha adapted to our needs, while still pushing us to improve our practice. The yoga studio created a unique relaxed experience where you were able to enjoy the classes while listening to the surrounding nature.
Sean was a wonderful tour guide that showed us many incredible places by paddle board and car that ranged from the lagoons to my personal favourite, the Embera Indigenous village. Our week the perfect ‘amount of busy, we got to see many different things while still getting to relax and have some of our own down time.
The meals Sean made were INCREDIBLE! My mother and I have a combination of gluten free and vegan between the two of us, but Sean accommodated our needs. Each day I was excited to taste what Sean had prepared!
I would definitely recommend this retreat to anyone!
– Alex Baylak
I feel years of tension have dissipated from my body.
At the end of the street where Istmo is located is one of the extraordinary beaches I have seen: white and black sand, warm water, and at night you can see bioluminescent waves and you will also see with the help of your lantern how the black sand shines. Great. I have had an excellent time, I could go back several times. Highly recommended, take the week in Isthmus or at least come and experience the extraordinary hospitality of Sean and Ayesha.
– Mark Mcnamara