TROPICAL SUP ADVENTURE AND YOGA RETREAT
Relax and discover the exciting and beautiful country of Panama on this six night Yoga Retreat and Stand-up Paddleboard (SUP) Vacation
Spend a week’s vacation in ISTMO – a beautiful rain-forest Boutique Hotel with luxurious accommodation steps away from a tropical beach. Add SUP adventures and daily yoga classes surrounded by lush tropical beauty, and you have your ideal vacation!
On this exciting retreat, you’ll have a yoga session every day which will help to calm and focus your mind and strengthen and tone your muscles, leaving you feeling peaceful and strong. You’ll also get to explore the wild parts of Panama which lie off the beaten track: glide around a tropical mountain lagoon on your stand up paddle board; visit an indigenous Embera village full of grass huts; hike through a cloud forest; visit a colorful and vibrant local market; and spend time on the secluded and pristine local beach, Playa Grande which is just a 5 minute walk away from your beautiful retreat center, nestled in the rain-forest. The expert instructors will adapt all of the sessions and lessons to suit your ability and experience and you will be provided with a daily breakfast and dinner to fuel your action packed days!
Who is this Adventure Retreat for?
This retreat is designed for yoga practitioners and stand-up-paddleboarders (SUP) who are at a beginner to intermediate level and includes some intermediate level hikes in the cloud forest. The paddling is all done on flat water in picturesque locations and usually has a duration of one to one and a half hours on the water. For this retreat, you do not paddle in the open ocean or in areas where there are waves.
The Hatha yoga classes are taught at a beginner to intermediate level. They are designed to help you reconnect with your breath and stay present amidst the activities and new experiences of your vacation. The hour-long daily classes include warm up exercises, sun salutations, an asana practice, and deep relaxation. Prepare to gently explore both your inner and outer bodies in a safe environment.
What is included?
- All SUP gear
- An SUP introduction course on the mountain lagoon
- SUP excursion to a mountain lagoon
- SUP excursion to a mangrove site
- Hiking trip in the Cloud Forest and visit to a local market
- Transportation for all excursions
- SUP excursion and visit to an indigenous Embera village
- Airport transfer for flights leaving after 1pm on Saturday
- Fresh drinking water throughout the day
- Daily housekeeping
- Airport Pick up on Sunday
- Night at the Riande Granada Urban Hotel
- Panama City Tour including Panama Canal
- Transfer to ISTMO Yoga and Adventure Retreat.
- 5 nights accommodation in ISTMO’s luxurious cabins
- Daily Yoga Classes (except for Sunday)
- Daily Healthy Breakfast
- Daily Gourmet Dinner (except for Sunday night)
- Free WiFi internet
Why this retreat?
- We provide a hassle free and safe environment to explore the, of the beaten track, diversity of Panama – beaches, mountains, mangroves, cloud-forest, rivers, indigenous villages, small towns, big city.
- This is an active, but relaxed vacation, that is perfect for adventure seekers of all ages and backgrounds.
- The retreat center is close to Panama City, and all of its modern amenities, hospitals, etc. but you are still in a secluded retreat center surrounded by pristine nature.
What else do I need to know?
- The owners of ISTMO Yoga and Adventure Retreat will accompany you on this getaway, making sure you feel at home and are comfortable through your time here. You will leave feeling inspired, reconnected with nature, and reconnected to yourself and your potential.
- There is some travel time to the different excursions that are included in this amazing retreat-adventure. Travel times range from 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes. During this time we connect with our fellow retreat participants and enjoy the views and diversity of the country.
December 10th to 16th, 2017 | January 14st to 20th, 201 | April 8th to 14th, 2018 | May 20th to 26th, 2018 | June 3rd to 9th, 2018
Cannot make these dates? Let us know, we will work with you to fit your schedule!
Fill out the registration form and send it to email@example.com Today!REGISTER NOW!
August to November and April to June dates:
- $990 per person in a quadruple occupancy room (sharing a room with 3 other retreat participants)
- $1,120 per person in a double occupancy room (sharing a room with 1 other retreat participants)
- $1,600 per person in a single occupancy room (a room all to yourself!)
December, January and March dates:
- $1,170 per person in a quadruple occupancy room (sharing a room with 3 other retreat participants)
- $1,300 per person in a double occupancy room (sharing a room with 1 other retreat participants)
- $1,800 per person in a single occupancy room (all to yourself!)
Sean Davis, co-owner, and co-founder of Istmo was born and raised in Galveston, Texas on the Gulf Coast. He spent his life living close to the ocean and feels a special connection with it. He has traveled extensively around the world and has lived in Chile, Colombia, and Panama. For the past eight years, he has been a SUP practitioner and instructor, leading tours around the waterways of Panama. He attended cooking school in New Orleans, Louisiana. Additionally, he is also a former beach lifeguard and an emergency medical technician.
Sean will personally accompany you on all the excursions, making sure you are comfortable and provide you with interesting information about the geography, flora and fauna, and history of Panama.
Ayesha Davis, co-owner, and co-founder of Istmo was born in Bombay, India, and moved to the United States at the age of 13. Her love for travel and exploration led her to Panama where she met her husband and started her family. Yoga has been part of her life for over 25 years. She received her yoga teacher training in 2010, in traditional Hatha yoga at the Parmath Niketan Ashram in Rishikesh, India and has been teaching since. Her yoga classes are gentle, but invigorating and are designed specifically for beginner and intermediate students. Through breath, movement, and alignment, she works with the students to bring consciousness into their bodies, mind, and spirit.
Reviews from our past Retreat Participants
I would definitely recommend this retreat to anyone!
My mother and I spent a week at the Istmo retreat. We could not have been more pleased with our stay! The rooms were very comfortable and homey. There is beautiful beach (which we basically had to ourselves) just a short walk away. The staff were incredibly welcoming, accommodating and were a pleasure to spend time with. The dogs were super friendly, easy going and a joy to have around.
Neither my mom and I are experienced at yoga, but Ayesha adapted to our needs, while still pushing us to improve our practice. The yoga studio created a unique relaxed experience where you were able to enjoy the classes while listening to the surrounding nature.
Sean was a wonderful tour guide that showed us many incredible places by paddle board and car that ranged from the lagoons to my personal favourite, the Embera Indigenous village. Our week the perfect ‘amount of busy, we got to see many different things while still getting to relax and have some of our own down time.
The meals Sean made were INCREDIBLE! My mother and I have a combination of gluten free and vegan between the two of us, but Sean accommodated our needs. Each day I was excited to taste what Sean had prepared!
I would definitely recommend this retreat to anyone!
– Alex Baylak
I feel years of tension have dissipated from my body.
At the end of the street where Istmo is located is one of the extraordinary beaches I have seen: white and black sand, warm water, and at night you can see bioluminescent waves and you will also see with the help of your lantern how the black sand shines. Great. I have had an excellent time, I could go back several times. Highly recommended, take the week in Isthmus or at least come and experience the extraordinary hospitality of Sean and Ayesha.
– Mark Mcnamara